SLEEK, ECO-FRIENDLY AND EFFICIENT
A solar attic fan is not only a good way to cut down on energy costs, but it is also an environmentally sensible solution because they are powered completely by free solar energy.
The vent is easy to install with no electrical wiring, and a single 10 watt unit can vent up to 1,200 square feet of attic space. New this year is the 20 watt unit that can vent up to nearly twice as much attic space.
The sleek and efficient system can be placed wherever you need improved ventilation including attics, lofts, workshops, garages, barns, and storage sheds.
Benefits of the Natural Light Solar Attic Fan:
- Lowers Attic Temperatures: Attic temperatures can exceed 160? F but proper ventilation can reduce temperatures by up to 50? F.
- Cools Your Roof To Extend The Life Of The Materials: Asphalt shingles are designed to withstand the heat of the sun, but when an attic is under-ventilated the roof deck can overheat subjecting the shingles to extreme temperatures.
- Reduces The Load On The Air Conditioner: Proper ventilation allows for excess heat build-up to escape the house, thus cutting down on the air conditioner’s workload.
- Increases Fresh Air Circulation: This cools the home and reduces vapors from everyday activities such as showering or cooking.
- Decreases Excess Moisture: If moisture becomes trapped in your attic, a variety of problems, including rust, rot, bacteria growth, and mold, can occur.
- Back Pressure Of Exhausted Gases: The design of the fan minimizes obstructions and incorporates an angled throat to cut down on the pressure that can build up as exhaust travels through the vent. This allows an increased output of gases and reduces the wear on the motor of the fan.
- Sun Exposure: Natural Light Solar Attic Fans are fitted with an exclusive bracket that allows you to mount the solar panel either on the fan housing or directly on the roof. This is significant because unlike other fans, Natural Light’s fan can be installed where ventilation is needed, but for optimal performance the solar panel position can be altered.
- Solar Collector Temperature: When a solar panel heats up, it becomes less efficient at converting light to energy. So, what Natural Light has installed on its fans is a raised bracket on the panel to promote cooling air circulation.